Inclusion Criteria- Acute ischemic stroke within 24 hours of symptom onset.
- National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale score ≥ 5 and ≤ 20.
- Age ≥ 35 and ≤ 80 years.
- Patient or legally authorized representative has signed informed consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Planned or already received endovascular treatment.
- Suspected secondary stroke caused by tumor, brain trauma, or hematologic diseases.
- Already dependent in activities of daily living before the present acute stroke (defined as modified Rankin Scare score ≥2 ).
- Other conditions that lead to motor dysfunction (e.g. severe osteoarthrosis, rheumatoid arthritis).
- Significant renal or hepatic insufficiency (defined as a serum creatinine concentration, alanine aminotransferase, or aspartate aminotransferase value that is twice greater than the upper limit of normal).
- Life expectancy of 90 days or less due to other life threatening illness (e.g. advanced cancer).
- Other conditions that render outcomes or follow-up unlikely to be assessed..
- Known to be pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Currently receiving an investigational drug.