Inclusion Criteria- Diagnosis of stroke
- Able to walk 10 metres with or without assistance
- Residual paresis in the lower limb (Fugl-Meyer Lower Limb score less than 34)
- Informed written consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Gait speed more than 0.8 m/s
- Patients with a premorbid (retrospective) modified Rankin Scale score of greater than 3
- Gait deficits attributable to non-stroke pathology
- Visual impairments preventing use of visual cue training (as assessed by Apple Cancellation test
- Concurrent progressive neurologic disorder, acute coronary syndrome, severe heart failure, confirmed or suspected lower-limb fracture preventing mobilization, and those requiring palliative care
- Inability to follow a three step command (as assessed by Modified mini-mental status exam).