Inclusion Criteria- All participants must be literate in English
- Right handed
- Have corrected near-visual acuity of 20/40 or better
- Patients must also have a minimum of twelve years education
- These inclusionary criteria are based on the data of both Black, Yu, Martin, and Szalai (90) and our own studies.
- They are intended to assure that only patients with sufficiently severe symptoms will be admitted to our study.
Exclusion CriteriaExclusionary criteria include:
- Homonymous hemianopia
- Presence of a severe field cut extending toward the midline on formal perimetry (however many patients who have field cuts restricted to the periphery will be able to fully perceive our stimulus displays so can be included
- Evidence of aphasia on clinical examination (crossed aphasia)
- A significant history of other neurological or psychiatric illness or drug/alcohol abuse