Inclusion Criteria- Patients with clinical diagnosis of acute ischemic stroke (first or recurrent) confirmed by CCT or MRI admitted to the Acute Vascular Unit of HCPA between the first 48 hours of onset of symptoms.
- Patients older than 18 years.
- Patients clinically and hemodynamically stable (SBP 120-220 mmHg, SatO2 up to 92% with or without supplementation, HR between 60 and 100 bmp, body temperature below 38 and RR below 25 bpm).
- Patients are able to react to verbal commands even without being fully alert (Glasgow Scale above 8).
- Prior Rankin until 3
- Motor deficit and / or coordination measured by the NIHSS
Exclusion Criteria- Patients with clinical and / or hemodynamic instability
- Patients with hemorrhagic stroke or TIA (transient ischemic attack).
- Patients with progressive neurological disease and acute coronary disease and / or unstable.