Inclusion Criteria- Age > 18 years old.
- Primary Carotid Endarterectomy under local anesthesia in symptomatic or asymptomatic patients.
Exclusion Criteria- General anesthesia
- Selective carotid artery shunting.
- Previous major hemispheric stroke.
- Any known major hemispheric lesion.
- Significant movement disorder.
- Local skull or skin affliction which prevents electrodes application.
- Any known condition which in the opinion of the investigator may interfere with the protocol implementation.