Summary of Purpose
The purpose of this study is to evaluate the effectiveness of small amounts of electrical current, applied without surgery to the brain, in combination with speech-language treatment, on the language outcome of study subjects with nonfluent aphasia (i.e. difficulty with the comprehension and expression of spoken and written language) following a stroke.Read More →
The following dates are available for this trial. Trial information last updated on 13 December 2012.
|1 Mar 2010||2 Dec 2011||1 Aug 2013||1 Aug 2013||1 Dec 2012||Unavailable|
|Start Date||First Received||1st Completion||Completion||Verification||Results|
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation - Cathodal stimulation
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation - Anodal stimulation
- Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation - Sham stimulation
- Allocation: Randomized
- Masking: Single Blind (Subject)
- Purpose: Treatment
- Endpoint: Safety/Efficacy Study
- Intervention: Parallel Assignment
- Leora R Cherney, Ph.D.