Eligibility CriteriaInclusion criteria:
- 30 individuals with hemiparesis stemming from a stroke;
- Either gender;
- Able to maintain a standing position without an assistance device for at least 60 seconds;
- Signed statement of written consent.
- Adverse health condition (beyond hemiparesis) that affects balance;
- Use of medication that can affect balance;
- Positive cutoff point for cognitive deficit (Mini Mental State Examination);
- Wernicke's aphasia;
- Reduced ankle mobility due to history of ankle fracture and use of pins in ankle;
- TA muscle strength less than grade 1;
- Contraindication for tDCS (history of recurrent seizures, recurrent epilepsy and brain tumor in stimulation site);
- Skin infection at tDCS and/or FES site;
- Anesthesia or hyperesthesia at FES site.