Inclusion Criteria- 18 years of age or older
- First single focal unilateral lesion with diagnosis verified by brain imaging, which occurred at least 6 months prior
- Cognitive function sufficient enough to understand experiments and follow instructions
- Some amount of independent ambulation (with orthoses or walker) and a gait speed of at least 0.4m/s.
Exclusion Criteria- Botox treatment within 6-weeks of enrollment;
- Fixed contraction deformity in the affected limb;
- Complete and total flaccid paralysis of all lower extremity motor function;
- Unable to ambulate except with the aid of another person or ambulation speed of <0.4m/s