Eligibility CriteriaInclusion Criteria:Patients referred for elective Carotid Artery Stenting were participate in the study at the time of scheduling for operation.
1. Symptomatic patient, as evidenced by transient ischemic attack (TIA), amaurosis fugax, minor or non-disabling stroke(in the hemisphere supplied by the target vessel), within 180 days of the randomization date.
2. Discrete lesion located in the internal carotid artery(ICA), and the degree of carotid stenosis ≥50% defined as:
Stenosis ≥70% by ultrasound. Stenosis ≥50% by angiography (based on NASCET Criteria)
3. Appropriate for carotid stenting. Candidates for Carotid Artery Stenting meet all other inclusion requirements.
Exclusion Criteria1. Evolving stroke
2. Untoward reaction to anesthesia
3. Intolerance or allergic reaction to associated medications, including aspirin(ASA) and clopidogrel.
4. Prior major ipsilateral stroke that may confound study endpoints.
5. Severe dementia.
6. Hemorrhagic transformation of an ischemic stroke within the past 60 days.
7. Chronic atrial fibrillation.
8. MI within previous 30 days.
9. High risk surgical candidate defined as the CREST test.
10. Bilateral upper limb arteries are severe stenotic or occlusion.