Inclusion Criteria1. All consecutive patients who are admitted to the emergency department with an ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke or transient ischemic attach (TIA) according to the World Health organization criteria  with symptom onset within the last 3 days.
2. All consecutive patients who undergo intracranial surgery due to
- pituitary tumors
- intracerebral hemorrhage (ICH)
- subarachnoidal hemorrhage (SAH)
- chronic subdural hematoma
- head trauma with contusion cerebri
- intracranial abcesses