Inclusion Criteria- Males and females subjects. Age > 18 years.
- Diagnosis of first ischemic stroke
- Impairment of the upper limb
- Trunk control defined in the Trunk-Control Test (TCT), with a score > 50.
Exclusion Criteria- anyone who does not have adequate understanding of verbal or written information in Italian sufficient to complete any test
- Impaired cognitive functioning: score less than 24 on the Mini Mental Status Examination (MMSE)
- contraindications to single-pulse transcranial magnetic stimulation (TMS)(TMS will be used to measure cortical excitability): presence of a history of epilepsy, frequent headaches or neck pain, implantable devices (ventriculoperitoneal shunts, pacemakers, intrathecal pumps, intracranial metal implants)
- Contraindications to tDCS: intracranial metal implants that can be stimulated, incorrectly positioned or over-heated by the electric current
- Neurological or psychiatric pathology
- severe cardio-pulmonary, renal, hepatic diseases