A descriptive study of the stroke rehabilitation content in specialized clinics in seven countries: procedures for admission to rehabilitation, services available and provided to patients, as well as duration of the stay and discharge routines. An observational study of changes in regard to the physical function, quality of life and psycho-social factors in stroke patients before and after specialized rehabilitation
The descriptive study is two folded:
1) Description of the rehabilitation centers and the content the respective clinic presents as specialized rehabilitation.
A description of the expected change this input will result in in form of patients change in ADL and life satisfaction, with repeated measurements:
2a) reports of change in activities of daily living from baseline, to one fixed time (18-22 days in rehab),at discharge (which will vary),6 and 12 months post discharge (relatively fixed time) .
2b) reports of possible change in life satisfaction at baseline, discharge, 6 and 12 months after discharge.
Since the times for admission is expected to vary, which will be described under 1),we also want to measure if and how this difference might influence results. Therefore a fixed measure is inserted between admission and discharge. we have added a "relatively" fixed date at 6 months post stroke in order to see if change of function from specialized rehabilitation will differ in a longitudinal perspective, and if possible to see if the difference in time to admission (time from debut till admission in specialized rehabilitation)might influence results.
3) description of psycho- social factors at 6 and 12 months post discharge
- Rehabilitation Other
Intervention Desc: Description of specialized rehabilitation and Influence on activities, life satisfaction, psycho social aspects 6 and 12 months post discharge ARM 1: Kind: Experimental Label: stroke patients Description: specialized rehabilitation in a multidisciplinary team, Sunnaas International Network
- Multidisciplinary rehabilitation Other
ARM 1: Kind: Experimental Label: stroke patients Description: specialized rehabilitation in a multidisciplinary team, Sunnaas International Network
- Observation: Cohort
- Perspective: Prospective
- Sampling: Non-Probability Sample
stroke patients in need of specialised comprehensive rehabilitation
|Type||Measure||Time Frame||Safety Issue|
|Primary||activities of daily living||baseline, 18-22 days in rehabilitation, discharge and 6 months post discharge||Yes|
|Secondary||The Life Satisfaction checklist (LiSat-11)||baseline, discharge, 6 months after discharge||No|
- Sunnaas Rehabilitation Hospital Lead
- Bethlehem Arab Society for Rehabilitation, Betlehem
- City outpatient clinics №2,Petrozavodsk, Petrozavodsk
- Sichuan 81 Rehabilitation Center, Chengdu
- China Rehabilitation Research Center
- Sheba Medical Center
- Al-Wafa Rehabilitation Hospital
- El Wafa rehabilitation hospital, Gaza
- NYU Langoon medical center; The Rusk Institute of Rehabilitation Medicine, New York
- Sahlgrenska University Hospital, Sweden