Inclusion Criteria- Patients with a diagnosis of ST-elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) or
- Patients with a diagnosis of non-STEMI and
- A finalized coronary angiography/PCI.
- Male or female subjects ≥18 years.
- Written informed consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Influenza vaccination within 12 months prior to inclusion or anticipating to be vaccinated during the current influenza season.
- Indication for influenza vaccination for some indication other than myocardial infarction.
- Severe allergy to eggs or previous allergic reaction to influence vaccine.
- Suspicion of febrile illness or acute, ongoing infection.
- Hypersensitivity to the active substances or ingredients of Vaxigrip or against any residues, such as eggs (ovalbumin or chicken proteins), neomycin, formaldehyde and octoxinol.
- Subjects with endogenic or iatrogenic immunosuppression that may result in reduced immunization response.
- Inability to provide informed consent.
- Age below 18 years.
- Previous randomization in the IAMI trial.