Inclusion Criteria- Ability to follow study instructions and likely to complete all required visits; ability to comply with the therapy protocol as assessed by the investigator; must be English speaking.
- Subjects must have had a unilateral stroke
Exclusion Criteria- Severe upper extremity spasticity suggested by an Ashworth score of >3 at any joint, or restriction of full passive range of motion.
- Evidence of alcohol, drug abuse or other relevant neuropsychiatric condition such as psychotic illness or severe depression.
- Any condition or situation that, in the investigator's opinion, may put the subject at significant risk, confound the study results, or interfere significantly with the subject's participation in the study.
- History of surgery or other significant injury to either upper extremity causing mechanical limitations that preclude task performance.
- Previous neurological illness such as head trauma, prior stroke, epilepsy, or demyelinating disease.
- Complicating medical problems such as uncontrolled hypertension, diabetes with signs of polyneuropathy, severe renal, cardiac or pulmonary disease, or evidence of other concurrent neurologic or orthopedic conditions precluding the subject from complying with the study protocol