Inclusion Criteria- Age 18 and older.
- Clinical diagnosis of TIA within 24 hours of consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Crescendo TIAs, defined as multiple within 24 hours of presentation.
- Posterior circulation TIAs diagnosed clinically by a member of the Stroke Team.
- High grade carotid stenosis.
- Any compelling medical reason they should or should not be admitted or discharged (for example decompensated congestive heart failure, unstable angina, new EKG changes, pneumonia, sepsis). Patients will only be enrolled if the only consideration for admission is the TIA, and they otherwise meet appropriate standard of care criteria for discharge to home.
- Patients will be excluded if no one can be with them for the next 12 hours to ensure a rapid call to 911 should problems arise, specifically stroke.