Inclusion Criteria- Diagnosis of ischemic stroke with an onset within 72 hours prior to start of study agent administration, male or female.
- Supratentorial ischemic stroke involving the cortex documented by neurological exam and confirmed by MRI.
- Stroke involving upper extremity.
- Subjects who received thrombolytic therapy may be enrolled and the use of antiplatelet is acceptable.
Exclusion Criteria- Any other severe acute or chronic medical or psychiatric condition besides the stroke.
- Women of child bearing potential.
- Uncontrolled hypertension.