Inclusion Criteria- Adult patients (18 - 55 years of age) with an acute cerebrovascular event of any etiology defined as patients having an acute ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack less than 3 months before enrollment into the study
- MRI-scan evidence of associated corresponding brain infarction or hemorrhage, regardless of the duration of symptoms. Alternatively also patients with no signs of stroke in the MRI can be included if a stroke-experienced neurologist has done the initial diagnosis as ischemic stroke, transient ischemic attack or hemorrhage.
- Detailed MRI documentation at admission to entry to the study
- Diagnostic procedures for CVE according to the EUSI recommendations
- Written informed consent from patient or legal representative according to local regulations
Exclusion Criteria- Patients being younger than 18 years or older than 55 years of age.
- Acute ischemic stroke or transient ischemic attack longer than 3 months before enrolment into the study
- Diagnosis of the CVE within the last 3 months has been done by a non-neurologist if there is no MRI-scan evidence of associated brain infarction or hemorrhage
- No detailed MRI documentation at admission to entry to the study