Inclusion Criteria- history of one or more strokes;
- living in the community;
- subjective concerns about cognitive function;
- ability to give informed consent;
- fluent in written and spoken English.
Exclusion Criteria- unstable medical conditions or a co-morbid neurological disorder that could additionally impact cognitive or daily function, such as Parkinson's disease or Multiple Sclerosis;
- no available caregiver or significant other willing to participate in approximately one hour of telephone contact per week with coach and stroke survivor;
- current symptoms of severe depression (Geriatric Depression Scale>20), global aphasia, or dementia (determined by baseline testing).