Eligibility CriteriaInclusion Criteria: those who
- are aged more than 18 years old;
- have a history of stroke (including ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke) diagnosed at county hospital or higher-level facilities, and currently in a clinically stable condition and not receiving acute stroke treatment;
- will live in this village for at least nine months during the next 12 months;
- have a basic communication ability (i.e. can understand simple instructions);
- give participant informed consent and are willing to participate in the study.
Exclusion Criteria: those who
- are unable to get out of bed without maximum assistance;
- have serious life-threatening disease such as cancers;
- who have an expected life span of less than 6 months.