Eligibility Criteria- INCLUSION CRITERIA:
This study will enroll:
- Patients with stroke documented by medical record report,CT or Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) at least 3 months prior to enrollment
- Patients between the ages of 18 and 90
- Patients who are willing and able to give their own consent
- Patients with monohemispheric, single or multiple strokes which affected the hand
Subjects with the following will be excluded:
- Large, cerebellar, or brainstem lesions
- Recent or ongoing alcohol or drug abuse
- Severe or progressive neurological disorder other than stroke as determined by the screening clinician.
- Uncontrolled heart, lung, kidney, gastrointestinal, metabolic, or endocrine disorders as determined by the screening clinician
- MRI contraindications as per NMR Center MRI Safety Screening Questionnaire.
- Cognitive deficits defined as a mini-mental state exam score of 20 or less