Inclusion Criteria1. Between 18 and 55 years of age, inclusive.
2. A healthy male or a healthy nonpregnant, nonlactating female.
3. Capable of understanding and complying with the protocol and has signed the informed consent form before the Screening procedures begin.
4. Have a body mass index of between 18.0 and 30.0 kg/m², inclusive.
5. A clinically normal physical examination, 12-lead electrocardiogram (ECG), screening laboratory studies and urinalysis.
6. A negative urine or saliva test for selected substances of abuse and cotinine.
Exclusion Criteria1. Clinically significant history of hypoglycemia as assessed by the investigator.
2. History of seizure disorder, even if currently not receiving anticonvulsant medications.
3. History of adverse reaction to glyburide, other sulfonylurea class of anti-diabetic medications, or other sulfa drugs.
4. Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency as determined by G6PD enzyme testing at screening.
5. Be an active smoker or user of other forms of tobacco. Former smokers or tobacco users must have refrained from smoking or using other forms of tobacco for at least 6 months prior to dosing on Study Day 1.
6. A history or clinical manifestations of significant metabolic (including diabetes mellitus, hypercholesterolemia, or dyslipidemia), hematologic, pulmonary, cardiovascular, gastrointestinal, neurologic, hepatic, renal, urologic, immunologic, or psychiatric disorders (a history of mild depression, currently not receiving therapy, is acceptable).
7. Use any prescription medication within 14 days prior to randomization, or nonprescription drugs within 7 days. Exceptions may be made by the medical monitor on a case-by-case basis.
8. Received another investigational drug within 30 days prior to randomization.
9. A positive hepatitis virus test (Hepatitis B virus surface antigen or hepatitis C virus antibody) or a positive human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) antibody test at screening. If the HIV test is positive, the subject will be informed privately and referred for additional counseling.