Inclusion Criteria- Ischemic stroke confirmed by computed tomography or magnetic resonance imaging, with onset between 72 hours and 6 weeks before enrollment.
- Unilateral paresis of upper limb
- National Institute of Health Stroke Scale ( NIHSS) score of at least 1 point in items 5a or 5b .
- Ability to provide written informed consent (patient ou legal representative).
Exclusion Criteria- Lesions affecting the corticomotor pathway in the hemisphere contralateral to the stroke.
- Neurologic diseases except migraine.
- Modified Rankin Scale > 2 prior to stroke.
- Advanced systemic disease such as cancer or advanced chronic renal disease.
- Clinical instability such as uncontrolled cardiac arrhythmia or heart failure.
- Contraindication for physical therapy.
- Absolute or relative contraindications to tDCS: metallic prosthesis in the head or neck; lesions on the scalp, history of neurosurgery, pacemaker.
- Comprehension aphasia
- Cerebellar stroke or ataxia caused by involvement of cerebellar pathways in the brainstem