Eligibility CriteriaSummary of
Inclusion Criteria1. Onset of new neurological signs of stroke within 3 to 9 hours of the time to initiation of treatment
2. Aged 18 and above
3. Provide consent
4. Cerebral CT scan to show findings of early ischaemic changes consistent with the clinical diagnosis and an ASPECT score of between 5 and 10 inclusive.
5. NIHSS score greater than 5 or less than or equal to 20.
Exclusion Criteria1. Coma
2. Stroke with unknown time of onset
3. Minor stroke symptoms and sings (<6 points on the NIHSS) which are rapidly improving by the time of randomisation.
4. Major stroke symptoms and signs (>20 on the NIHSS)
5. History of stroke in previous 6 weeks
6. History of brain tumours
7. CT scan results in an ASPECT score of <5
8. Haemorrhagic risk
9. Abnormal laboratory values
10. Positive urine pregnancy test, lactation or parturition within previous 30 days.
11. Weight >135 kg
12. Uncontrolled hypertension.
13. Raised blood glucose
14. History of or current serious illness
15. Participation in another clinical trial within 4 weeks of drug administration