Inclusion Criteria- Males and females
- Acute ischemic stroke with limb weakness
- Onset of symptoms within 6 hours
- Full functional independence prior to the present stroke
Exclusion Criteria- Unconsciousness
- Subjects who are unlikely to complete the infusion of investigational product and/or are unlikely to undergo active medical management during that period due to a severe clinical condition.
- Severe illness with life expectancy less than 6 months.
- Known severe kidney disorder.
- Current known alcohol or illicit drug abuse or dependence.
- Pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Treatment with acetazolamide and methotrexate is not permitted during the infusion
- Participation in a previous clinical study within 30 days.
- Meets all other exclusion criteria.