Inclusion Criteria- Subjects must have an ischemic stroke.
- Moderate to moderately severe upper-extremity hemiparesis.
- Aged 21 years or older.
Exclusion Criteria- Primary hemorrhagic stroke.
- Any additional stroke associated with incomplete motor recovery.
- Any neurologic or physical condition impairing function of the target extremity.
- History of seizure disorder.
- History of spinal cord injury, traumatic brain injury, or spontaneous subdural or epidural hematoma that has resulted in a neurologic deficit.
- Contraindication to magnetic resonance (MR) imaging.