Inclusion Criteria1. Age of the patients is 40 years or older.
2. Patients not eligible for recombinant tissue plasminogen activator or any other acute reperfusion therapy presenting after 6hours of onset of symptoms.
3. Patients presented with clinical symptoms of acute stroke or TIA with onset less than 24 hours before starting any treatment.
4. The diagnosis of stroke or TIA basing on clinical examination using National Institute of Health stroke scale (NIHSS) by a stroke specialist
Exclusion Criteria1. Any history of ICH or systemic hemorrhage.
2. Any evidence of hemorrhage on baseline CT brain imaging.
3. Patients presented with failed medical or surgical thrombectomy.
4. International normalized ratio (INR) more than 1.5.
5. History of allergy to aspirin or clopidogrel or both of them.
6. Platelets count less than 100,000/mm3.
7. Hematocrit less than 30 mg/dL .
8. glucose less than 50 mg/dL or greater than 400 mg/dL.to exclude hypoglycemia induced focal neurological deficit.