Inclusion Criteria- a history of acute phase of stroke (less than 12 months post onset),
- first stroke episode,
- no history of peripheral nerve injury or musculoskeletal disease in the affected upper extremity,
- no contracture of the affected wrist or fingers (Modified Ashworth<3),
- no history of any invasive procedure (Botulinum toxin type A) for the treatment of spasticity for at least 6 months before the start of this study,
- for P-ROM patients, the absence of active hand movements,
- for the A-ROM patients, the presence of active hand movements.
Exclusion Criteria- unstable medical disorders,
- active Complex Regional Pain Syndrome (CRPS),
- severe spatial neglect,
- cognitive problems.