Inclusion Criteria1. Between the age of 20-65 years;
2. Diagnosis of first, single unilateral cortical-subcortical stroke verified by brain imaging;
3. Paresis of a lower limb;
4. Inability to walk without aid or device.
Exclusion Criteria1. Deemed by a physician to be medically unstable;
2. Other prior musculoskeletal conditions that affected gait capacity;
3. Co-existence of other neurological diseases;
4. Cognitive impairments that would impact on the safe participation in the study (MMSE<23) -