Inclusion Criteria1. 40-85 years old ischemic Stroke patients,
2. Stroke onset <90 days at enrollment,
3. Hemiparetic gait disorder,
4. Patients able to walk 30ft with or w/out assistive device,
5. Sufficient English comprehension to understand instructions, provide consent, and answer questions,
6. Lives within 30 miles of the Greater Baltimore area.
Exclusion Criteria1. Dementia (extended MMSE <85 or <80 if education level below 9th grade),
2. Untreated major clinical depression (CES-D>16) and confirmed with clinical interview,
3. Heavy alcohol use (<3 oz liquor, 3, 4-oz glasses of wine, or 3, 12- oz beers daily),
4. Active cancer, or any illness with a life expectancy of less than 6 months,
5. Any condition in which exercise activity would be contraindicated including, but not limited to: unstable angina, cardiac ischemic event within the past 6 months, congestive heart failure (Stage III or IV), major orthopedic chronic pain or non-stroke neuromuscular disorders restricting exercise, oxygen-dependent COPD or peripheral neuropathy.