Inclusion Criteria1. Frst-time ischemic or hemorrhagic stroke confirmed by magnetic resonance imaging or X-ray computed tomography
2. Unilateral hemispherical involvement
3. Aged 18 or above
4. Time since onset less than 6 months
5. Functional Test for Hemiplegic Upper Extremity Hong Kong version (FTHUE-HK) ≥ 3 (maximum 7)
6. Able to understand verbal instruction and follow one-step commands
7. Modified Ashworth Scale (MAS) ≤ 2
8. Mini-mental State Examination (MMSE) ≥ 19
9. No complaint of excessive pain or swelling over hemiplegic arm
10. Sensation on the affected wrist intact or with mild impairment only (National Institute of Health Stroke Scale=0 or 1).
Exclusion Criteria1. Participating in any experimental or drug study
2. Unable to give consent to participate
3. Of inadequate balance as indicated by the inability to stand for at least 2 minutes with or without arm support
4. Having history of botulinum toxin injection in 3 months.