Inclusion Criteria- Age ≥18 years on the day of the first prescription of the study drug (= index date) during study selection window
- Diagnosis of NVAF on start date of study or anytime during 365 days before this date
- Availability of follow-up at least 180 days after the date of the first prescription of study drug within selection window of study (exposure start date)
- Evidence of patient activity in the database during 90 days before the date of the first prescription of target drug within selection window.
Exclusion Criteria- Patients with valvular AF
- Prescriptions of Oral Anticoagulants (OACs): VKA, Dabigatran, Rivaroxaban before index date
- Prescription of more than one OAC on the index date or switch to another OAC during the follow-up period
- Prescriptions of < 15mg rivaroxaban at index date or during the follow-up period for patients in rivaroxaban cohort