Inclusion Criteria1. Subarachnoid hemorrhage secondary to a ruptured intracranial aneurysm confirmed by computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging or digital subtraction angiography.
2. Any clinical grade of subarachnoid hemorrhage provided there is a reasonable prospect of survival.
3. Initiation of trial medication within 96 hours from the time of presenting symptoms.
4. Ethnic Chinese
5. Age 18-70 years-old
6. Reasonable expectation of completion of outcome measures at follow-up
7. Written informed consent
Exclusion Criteria1. Unsalvageable patients: fixed and dilated pupils after resuscitation or signs of brainstem herniation that precludes definitive therapy.
2. No previous history of Cerebrolysin™ exposure.
3. No known allergy to Cerebrolysin™ or porcine tissue-derived products.
4. Pregnancy or breast feeding.
5. Evidence of pre-existing major health problems
6. Suspected or known additional disease process that threatens life expectancy, for example malignancy.
7. Known or strong suspicion of drug dependency including alcohol
8. Known epilepsy
9. Any neurological or non-neurological condition independent from SAH that might influence the functional outcome or other efficacy outcome measures