Inclusion Criteria- being adults (over 18 years old),
- suffered an acute stroke within the last month,
- medically stable,
- sufficient cognitive functioning to participate (assessed by their physician/stroke team and acceptable Raven's score (see below),
- interested in participating,
- able to understand and speak Norwegian, and
- able to give informed consent.
Exclusion Criteria- moderate to severe dementia or other serious disease.
Persons with aphasia will be examined by a speech therapist and excluded if they have significant impressive aphasia or severe expressive aphasia inconsistent with participating in the dialogues.