Inclusion Criteria- Patient within age of 18 years to 90 years willing to give informed consent.
- Diagnosis of ischemic stroke (confirmed on CT or MRI) or TIA with history of hypertension or high LDL cholesterol.
- Willing to be followed with regular visits for one year from the time of enrollment into the study
Exclusion Criteria- CT or MRI shows evidence of primary intracranial hemorrhage or neoplasm
- Active coronary artery disease
- Renal or Hepatic dysfunction t
- Cognitive dysfunction severe enough to interfere with patients ability to give informed consent
- Severe systemic illness that will not allow for the patient to complete the one year trial
- History of intolerance to statins or commonly used anti-hypertensive medications
- Unable to tolerate antiplatelet agents
- Decline of consent