Inclusion Criteria- Age ≥18 years at enrollment
- Male or female patient willing and able to provide written informed consent for data transmission. For patients who are not legally competent to sign this informed consent for data transmission exceptions/special cases are described in the protocol.
- Patient with ischemic stroke or TIA within the last 7 days.
- Patient diagnosed with non-valvular AF. Documentation of AF by 12 lead ECG, ECG rhythm strip, monitor print-out, pacemaker/ICD electrocardiogram, Holter ECG (duration of AF episode at least 30 seconds) or written physician´s diagnosis prior to index event needed for all enrolled patients.
Exclusion Criteria- Presence of any mechanical heart valve, or valve disease that is expected to require valve replacement intervention (surgical or non-surgical) during the next 3 months.
- Current participation in any randomized clinical trial of an experimental drug or device.
- Women of childbearing age without anamnestic exclusion of pregnancy or not using an effective contraception or nursing mothers.