Inclusion Criteria- At least 18 years of age or older.
- Symptoms and signs causing measurable neurologic deficit consistent with an acute stroke.
- CT or MRI consistent with stroke (ischemic or hemorrhagic) or with clinical evidence suggesting a stroke.
- For acute ischemic stroke patients, treatment with tPA and TEG blood draw must be done within 4.5 hours of symptom onset.
- For ICH patients, TEG blood draw must be done within 6 hours of symptom onset.
Exclusion Criteria- Contraindication to CT and MRI (ex. inability to lie flat)
- If ICH patient
- Hemorrhage secondary to trauma, arteriovenous malformation (AVM) or crush injury
- Planned surgical evacuation (hemicraniectomy and ventriculostomy allowed).
- Receipt of hemostatic agents (FFP, Cryo, activated factor seven) prior to TEG blood draw.