Inclusion Criteria- Males and females
- Over 17 years of age.
- Diagnosis of first probable or definite TIA or non-disabling stroke (National Institutes of Health Stroke Scale < 6)
- Post-event interval of <90 days.
- Residence within 75 km of intervention site.
- Orientation to time, place and person and ability to follow simple 3-step commands.
- Ability and willingness to provide informed consent.
Exclusion Criteria- Evidence of intracranial hemorrhage on MRI or CT scan.
- Presence of contraindications to exercise testing and training, in accordance with American College of Sports Medicine Guidelines.
- Participation in another study that could potentially confound the outcomes of this trial.