Inclusion Criteria- A stroke specialist-determined ischemic stroke or TIA within the past year (including ocular strokes/TIA such as amaurosis fugax).
- Presence of systemic hypertension (average systolic blood pressure over two visits - i.e., SPC visit and study screening visit- exceeding 140 mmHg) OR fasting LDL cholesterol exceeding 2.0 mmol/L OR total: HDL cholesterol ratio exceeding 4.0 at SPC visit.
Exclusion Criteria- Neurological event considered to be due to intracranial hemorrhage (e.g., ICH, SAH), or trauma induced, or related to structural heart disease such as ASD/VSD or endocarditis.
- Foreshortened life-expectancy (e.g., active malignancy), hypertensive crisis (clinic systolic BP > 200 mm Hg), or severe comorbidities.
- Institutionalized in a long-term care facility.
- Cognitive impairment (defined as a score of > 5 on the Short Portable Mental Status questionnaire).
- Already on maximal therapy for risk factors (on 3 antihypertensive drugs at maximal dose if hypertension is inclusion criterion or on maximal dose statin if hyperlipidemia is inclusion criterion).