Inclusion Criteria- Age ≥ 18 years
- Hospitalized due to ischemic stroke* or intercurrent ischemic stroke* event within the past 30 days OR Transient ischemic attack, confirmed by stroke neurologist.
- Atherogenic etiology(large vessel, small vessel, cryptogenic with at least one stroke risk factor, or embolic stroke due to atherogenic cardiac disease) as defined by TOAST criteria.
- Community dwelling prior to stroke
- Resides within the District of Columbia or closely nearby (preferably within 10 miles of the DC border)
- Expected to reside within the District of Columbia or closely nearby (preferably within 10 miles of DC border)
- Caregiver or interested party available, if moderately or severely disabled (not required to actually reside with participant)
- Sufficient number of collateral contacts to assure follow-up. Defined as: Preferred: at least 6 contacts; and No fewer than 3 contacts (unless approved by study PI/co-PI/co-I)
- Judged likely to return to community setting at completion of post-acute care.
Exclusion Criteria- Non-atherogenic cause of stroke
- NIHSS > 20
- Any medical condition that would limit participation in follow up assessments
- Baseline dementia per informant report (AD8) or screening assessment (Short Blessed Memory Orientation Concentration Test)