Inclusion Criteria- Chronic stroke patients
- Single stroke
- Chronic (more than 6 months after from stroke)
- At least 21 years old, but there is no upper age range for this project.
- Participants NOT able to extend the affected metacarpophalangeal joints at least 10° and the wrist 20°.
Exclusion Criteria- History of head injury with loss of consciousness
- History of severe alcohol or drug abuse
- History of psychiatric illness
- Unstable cardiac dysrhythmia
- High blood pressure (systolic pressure >160 mm Hg and/or diastolic pressure >100 mm Hg)
- History of myocardial infarction or unstable angina
- Glaucoma, history of hypersensitivity or idiosyncrasy to sympathomimetic drugs.
- Subjects using drugs suspected of interfering with plasticity, such as MAOI, alpha-adrenergic antagonists, benzodiazepines, muscarinic receptor antagonists, dopaminergic antagonists, or other neuroleptics within 3 months of recruitment.