Inclusion Criteria1. Above the age of 18 years; male or female
2. Index stroke symptoms began no greater than one month before enrollment
3. Uncontrolled hypertension (SBP ≥140 mmHg) based upon last inpatient or outpatient encounter clinic within previous 12 months
4. Legally competent
5. Owns or has close home-sharing family member with a cell phone
Exclusion Criteria1. Failure to meet any inclusion criteria
2. Severe cognitive impairment/dementia (Modified Mini-Mental Score [MMSE] ≤24)*
3. Severe global disability (modified Rankin Scale Score [mRS] ≥ 3)*
4. Renal dialysis; awaiting renal transplant or transplant recipient
5. Cancer diagnosis or treatment in past 2 years
6. Planned pregnancy
7. Vulnerable populations such as pregnant or nursing women, prisoners, and institutionalized individuals.
- MMSE ≤24 and global disability (mRS ≥ 3) excludes patients who have severe cognitive impairments and medical limitations that would interfere with adequate participation in the PINGS project.