Inclusion Criteria- Must be hemiplegic secondary to stroke and exhibit foot drop (as diagnosed by the participant's treating physician)
- Between the ages of 10 and 90.
- Must have sustained a stroke at least 6 months prior to enrollment.
- Uninvolved lower limb must have no history of injury or pathology within the last 90 days.
- Must be able to walk independently for 10 meters.
- Must have inadequate dorsiflexion during the swing phase of gait resulting in inadequate limb clearance
- Medically stable for three months prior to the most recent episode of stroke resulting in hemiplegia or hemiparesis with foot drop
- Adequate cognitive function to give informed consent, understand instructions, and give adequate feedback.
Exclusion Criteria- Individuals with additional orthopedic, neuromuscular, or neurological pathologies that would interfere with their ability to walk
- Individuals with previous use of FES for community ambulation (neuroprosthesis) or clinical treatment <1 year will be excluded from participation due to possible confounding effects
- Severe cardiac disease such as myocardial infarction, or congestive heart failure
- Fixed ankle contractures of ten degrees of plantarflexion with knee extended
- Pre-existing pathology resulting in a significant disruption in alignment or function of the lower extremity
- Excessive dysesthetic pain secondary to neurological involvement
- Severe hypertonicity resulting in the need for more involved rehabilitation strategies
- Participants will not be excluded due to gender or ethnicity.