Inclusion Criteria- Chronic stroke patients
- Single stroke
- Chronic (more than 12 months after from stroke)
- At least 18 years old, but there is no upper age range for this project.
- Participants NOT able to extend the affected metacarpophalangeal joints at least 10° and the wrist 20°.
Exclusion Criteria- History of head injury with loss of consciousness, seizure, severe alcohol or drug abuse, psychiatric illness
- Within 3 months of recruitment, use of drugs known to exert detrimental effects on motor recovery
- Cognitive deficit severe enough to preclude informed consent
- Positive pregnancy test or being of childbearing age and not using appropriate contraception
- Participants with history of untreated depression.