Inclusion Criteriasubjects post-stroke
- passive flexibility (i.e. passive range of motion) in both arms such that the elbows can be straightened within 15 degrees of normal and shoulders be flexed (lifted up) at least 90 degrees and the hand needs to be able to open at least 75% of the way
- Actively (of each subject's own accord/ability) they must be able to, without assist in sitting and standing: straighten each elbow within 15 degrees of full range of motion, lift each arm up at at least 60 degrees from at the side, open each hand from a gross grasp volitionally.
- able to lift a glass jar using 1 or 2 hands in sitting and standing 10" above the table top.
- able to come to CSU for two x 3 hour visits with or without assistance of their caregiver/significant other
- No arm/hand injury within the last 3 months. * Individuals with common visual deficits post-stroke (1 side partial visual field cut aka homonymous hemianopsia) will be included.
-age matched (double sample size); no known injury to arms within last 3 months, able to carry out experimental task, no neurologic diagnoses/perceptual or sensory deficits affecting arm movement
Exclusion Criteria- Individuals who have any additional/other neurologic condition (i.e. Parkinsons Disease, multiple sclerosis, spinal cord injury)
- severe perceptual neglect (tested using clock drawing test ).
- Any individual who cannot answer phone screen questions competently and/or follow simple 2 step commands during the in-person screen