Inclusion Criteria- first hospitalization with a diagnosis of stroke (previous experience of adjustment to stroke may influence outcomes),
- discharge from acute care hospital, inpatient rehabilitation or outpatient occupational therapy to a non-institutionalized setting,
- FIM scores at rehabilitation discharge of at least 3 for expression, comprehension, memory and problem-solving (to ensure potential participants' ability to participate in coaching process) and
- live within the City of Ottawa.
Exclusion Criteria- Those discharged from acute or inpatient rehabilitation and are referred to outpatient stroke rehabilitation for occupational therapy will be excluded until they complete their outpatient occupational therapy (due to potential overlap of client goals while in outpatient occupational therapy)
- have other degenerative neurological diagnoses (such as Parkinson's, Multiple Sclerosis) or
- have a current major depressive or psychotic disorder.