Inclusion Criteria- 1-10 years since stroke onset
- Able to walk but not independently, i.e. need of manual support or close supervision due to lower extremity paresis, FAC score 2-3 or FAC 4 combined with gait speed <0.8m/s according to 10 meter walk test, which corresponds to limitations in community ambulation (Bowden et al 2008)
- Ability to understand training instructions as well as written and oral study information and to express informed consent or by proxy
- Body size compatible with the HAL suit.
Exclusion Criteria- Contracture restricting gait movements at any lower limb joint
- Cardiovascular or other somatic condition incompatible with intensive gait training
- Severe, contagious infections (e.g. Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) or Extended Spectrum Beta Lactamase bacteria).