Inclusion Criteria- Age between 60 and 90 years.
- Agreeing to participate in the study.
- Acute Ischemic Stroke of anterior vascular territory and/or posterior vascular territory whithin 24 hours of onset.
- Nine or more points in the Glasgow Coma Scale.
- Female patients in menopause.
- Patients without cognitive impairment before AIS according to family reference.
- Acceptance of the next of kin proxy in case the participant has sensory impairment.
Exclusion Criteria- Age <60 or > 90 years.
- Hemorrhagic Stroke.
- Transient ischemic attack (TIA).
- Acute Ischemic Stroke after 24 hours of onset.
- Hormonal replacement therapy.
- Immunosuppressive therapy in the last month before AIS (example corticosteroids).
- Acute infection (Example, pneumonia, urinary tract infection).
- Diagnosis of oncologic disease in the last month before AIS.
- Diagnosis of endocrinologic disease in the last month before AIS.
- Acute or long-term psychiatric illness.
- No agreement to participate in the study.
- Eight or less points in the Glasgow Coma Scale.
- Female patients with menstrual cycle or in the perimenopause.
- Patients with kidney or hepatic illness.
- Patients with cognitive impairment before AIS.