Inclusion Criteria- Patients aged ≥ 18 years;
- Clinical diagnosis of chronic ischemic stroke recovering for more than 3 months with unilateral motor deficits of arm and leg, or arm alone; and
- Patients may be on medications for the treatment of stroke or comorbidities provided the medication regimen is stable for six weeks prior to inclusion in the study and remains unchanged for the duration of the study.
Exclusion Criteria- History of seizure;
- Epileptogenic activity (indicative of increased risk of seizures) on EEG;
- Any active unstable medical condition;
- Schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, alcoholism, or substance abuse;
- Medications which in the investigator's clinical judgment significantly lower the seizure threshold;
- Presence of metal or electronic implants in the body, including pacemakers, defibrillators, aneurysm clips, neuro-stimulators, cochlear implants, metal in the eyes, etc.; and
- Any changes in medications prescribed for the treatment of stroke or comorbiities six weeks prior to inclusion in the study or at any time during the study.
- Treatment with botulinum toxin in the two months prior to treatment or any planned treatment with botulinum toxin in the period of the treatment
- Neurological condition not stable - clinically significant changes in NIHSS, Fugl-Meyer score, or ARAT score between Visits 1 and 2 (treatment begins at Visit 3)