Inclusion Criteria1. Acute or sub-acute patients, with ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, verified by MRI or CT
2. Age between 40 and 80 years;
3. Time latency since stroke ranging from two weeks to six months
4. Cognitive and language abilities that are sufficient to understand the experiments and follow instructions
Exclusion Criteria1. Behavioral and cognitive disorders and/or reduced compliance that would interfere with active therapy;
2. Fixed contraction deformity in the affected limb that would interfere with active therapy (ankylosis, Modified Ashworth Scale = 4);
3. Severe deficits in visual acuity;
4. Upper extremity Fugl-Meyer score >58.