Inclusion Criteria- Age between 18 and 80 years
- Onset of symptoms until call at least 30 min prior to the end of the approved time window for thrombolysis (and not after awakening)
- Clinical signs of ischemic stroke with suddenly occurring, measurable neurological deficits defined as impairment of language, motor function, facial palsy or asymmetry
- Patient is willing to participate voluntarily and to sign a written informed consent. Informed consent will be obtained from each patient or the subject's legally authorized representative or relative.
- Patients who are unable to sign but who are able to understand the meaning of participation in the study may give an oral witnessed informed consent. These patients have to make undoubtfully clear that they are willing to participate voluntarily and must be able to understand an explanation of the contents of the information sheet.
Exclusion Criteria- Age younger than 18 or older than 80 years
- Non-acute onset of symptoms
- No focal stroke-like symptoms
- Pregnant patients